|Closing Date:||Recruitment will remain open|
As part of the BWUH Ltd. Technical Production Department you will be responsible for providing technical services to events within the BWUH’s venues.
You will ensure the highest levels of delivery for all sound elements across all events, maintaining and developing all BWUH venues to ensure it retains its reputation for creating a world-class stage where people make great things happen.
Reporting to the Technical Manager and working with the Head of Production, Production Managers and the Technical Manager. The company is committed to its vision to be world-class and create an environment in which our people will continue to grow and play their part in building business tourism, live entertainment and events to deliver socially, culturally and economically for Belfast and Northern Ireland. All employees are expected to commit to the company values of “Do It Right, Do It Now”.
- Overseeing the delivery of all Technical Production requirements/services and setups
necessary to support all events.
- For the innovative and creative design/planning of Technical Production elements,
the ability to work with other teams across the Technical Production department and
have an understanding of multiple disciplines.
- To be able to work flexibly across all venues of BWUHs to ensure the necessary high standards of Technical Production service delivery are achieved and exceeded.
- To ensure the event purpose and outcomes desired by the client are delivered using creative and innovative technical solutions to meet or exceed these requirements.
- To oversee the operation of technical equipment during events, ensuring a standard acceptable to clients, artists, performers, and the public.
- To assist in ensuring that adequate provision is maintained on site of any associated technical materials, including consumables and equipment used in the delivery of technical services across all Events.
- Using the in-house equipment check-in / check-out tools to ensure constant tracking and allocation of equipment. Any defective equipment to be reported via the app.
- Rig and operate a complete technical set up for a conference in the small flat floored halls. e.g., this includes setting up to 8 microphones (including radio mics), simple generic lighting to top table and lectern and set up PowerPoint presentation from a computer through a small desktop projector any other equipment that may be used as technology develops.
- To assist the Technical Manager & Production Managers in developing and maintaining a core inventory and stock control system of all equipment, consumables and supplies used within the Halls and be responsible for the storage of such item.
- To keep informed regarding new technical developments within the industry and to assist Technical Manager & Production Management in developing the appropriate business cases regarding the adoption and acquisition of such developments to the Halls.
- When required to work in all roles of the department such as AV, Sound, Lighting and Stage Management.
- Work in close contact with the client or the client’s production company during events and will work from information supplied to them by the Production Manager in the form of a technical sheet to ensure customer requirements are met and delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- To assist in providing creative/ innovative responses to non-routine problems to ensure a satisfactory and timely resolution and to undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
- To implement and comply with all BWUHs policies, processes and procedures particular as they apply to the technical aspects of event delivery and to undertake duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the BWUH’s and the city council.
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
- Responsible for maintaining safe working practices during the build, open and de-rig of events in the halls.
- Ensure that the standard of presentation and equipment is maintained at the venues. Reporting all defects of equipment or the building structure to the facilities department.
- To assist the Production Managers in monitoring the work and conduct of all technical production staff, external production company staff and others whilst in the Halls’ or their environs and to ensure they conform to agreed event and current health and safety regulations concerning safe working practices.
How to apply
To apply for this post, please send your CV and a copy of the monitoring form by email to [email protected]
The applicant should highlight on their CV details relating to the criteria set out above. Please note that it is the applicants’ responsibility to ensure that his or her CV and supporting documents are submitted by this closing date and time.
This recruitment ad will remain open. Applications will first be processed on week commencing Tuesday 02 May 2023 and then at 2-week intervals.
BWUH Ltd. will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate applicants who are unavailable on the specified interview date, but it is under no obligation to do so.
Requiring Reasonable Adjustments Section
We encourage any applicants with a disability to contact us to discuss reasonable
adjustments, the intention of which is to enable full participation in the application and
If you want to contact us to discuss reasonable adjustments, please call us on
07585888240 or [email protected]
Guaranteed Interview Schemes
We welcome applications from people with disabilities and operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme. This means if you have a disability, and you apply and meet the essential criteria for one of our positions, we will consider your application under this scheme and guarantee you an interview.
Your application will be considered like all others, by measuring it against the essential criteria as set out in the employee specification but any short-listing or desirable criteria will not be applied to you.
Selection methods, such as computer-based skills tests, paper-based aptitude tests, situational judgement tests, driving assessments and assessment centres, are deemed to be part of the essential criteria. This means that all applicants must sit and pass these tests or assessments.
If you want to more information about the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please call us on 07585888240 or send an email to [email protected]
If you need a Job Description or Monitoring Form in an alternative format, please call us on 07585888240 or email [email protected].