|Closing Date:||12 noon on Friday 09 June 2023|
As part of ICC Belfast, Waterfront Hall and Ulster Hall Technical Production Department you will be responsible for the planning and smooth delivery of events within our iconic venues. You will ensure the highest levels of production design and planning across all events, maintaining and developing the BWUH venues to ensure it retains its world-class reputation.
Reporting to the Head of Production and working with the Technical Manager, Crew and Logistics co-ordinator and technicians.
The company is committed to its vision to be world-class and create an environment in which our people will continue to grow and play their part in building business tourism, live entertainment, and events to deliver socially, culturally and economically for Belfast and Northern Ireland. All employees are expected to commit to the company values of “Do It Right, Do It Now”.
- Overseeing the planning and delivery of the technical production elements of events
across all BWUH venues.
- For the innovative and creative design/planning of Technical Production elements. Working with clients to lead the planning process and receiving briefs.
- To be able to work flexibly across all venues to ensure the necessary high
standards of Technical Production service delivery are achieved and exceeded.
- The innovative and creative planning of the technical aspects of events to exceed client
- The effective planning of the technical services associated with the delivery of events to include all event ICT, lighting, sound, AV, staging and production staff and equipment.
- Delivering events (conferences and entertainment) to achieve agreed revenue targets on time, within budget thatmeet or exceed client expectations.
- The achievement of all financial targets including secondary sales and the efficient delivery of services within budgets (for individual events, series of events and the annual operating plan).
- The ongoing development and review of event technical planning procedures and policies plus technical equipment.
Service Delivery Duties
- Work in close contact with the client or the client’s production company during the planning process of events. To act as the primary client liaison person with regard to the technical planning, organisation and administration of all events allocated by the Head of Production.
- To ensure the event purpose and outcomes desired by the client are delivered using
creative and innovative technical solutions to meet or exceed these requirements.
- To produce, using internal systems, a comprehensive event brief detailing all the resources required for the event including technical personnel, technical equipment, room setups, etc, plus setup times and standards.
- Coordinate the efficient and effective provision of required facilities and services delivered by any business partners or outsourced suppliers during the pre-event planning process.
- To manage the delivery and implementation of the technical solution to ensure customer satisfaction, financial targets are achieved and to enable a prompt response to any changes the client may want to make during the event. To ensure that any additional charges are approved by the client, delivered by the technical delivery team and invoiced.
- To oversee the design and operation of the required lighting, sound, communication,
visuals, and associated equipment during events, ensuring a standard acceptable to
clients, artists, performers and the public.
- To fully understand and manage the input of technical information to the VEMS ensuring all information relevant to individual events is available to other users.
- Working with the Head of Production and Technical Manager, ensure the safe condition and continued operational effectiveness of production technical equipment and facilities through scheduling compliance inspections, routine maintenance or immediate repairs.
- To develop innovative ideas and leading-edge conference and event technology to drive profits and manage expenditure.
- To implement and comply with all BWUHs policies, processes and procedures particularly as they apply to the technical aspects of event delivery and to undertake duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the BWUH’s and Belfast City Council.
- Keep abreast of developing trends in the conferences, exhibitions, and entertainment
events worldwide and introduce new ideas into BWUH.
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
Health & Safety Duties
- Responsible for maintaining safe working practices during the build, open and de-rig of events in the halls.
- Ensure that the standard of presentation and equipment is maintained at the venues. Reporting all defects of equipment or the building structure to the facilities department.
- To ensure all events are carried out safely and in line with current health and safety regulations and guidance relevant to the industry. Collating and checking all relevant RAMS to the event.
How to apply
To apply for this post, please send your CV, and a covering letter detailing how you meet the essential criteria by email to: [email protected]
by post to; HR Team, Waterfront Hall, 2 Lanyon Place, Belfast. BT1 3WH
The deadline for applications is 12noon on Friday 09 June 2023.
The applicant should highlight on their CV industry specific qualifications, certificates and experience as well as educational achievements.
Please note that it is the applicants’ responsibility to ensure that their CV, covering letter and Monitoring Form are submitted by this closing date and time. Any offer of employment is subject to the receipt of proof of eligibility to work in the UK and proof of any required qualifications.
Short-listing, testing and interview dates
It is envisaged that interviews will be held week commencing Monday 26 June. BWUH Ltd. will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate applicants who are unavailable on the specified interview date, but it is under no obligation to do so.
Requiring Reasonable Adjustments Section
We encourage any applicants with a disability to contact us to discuss reasonable adjustments, the intention of which is to enable full participation in the application and selection process.
If you want to contact us to discuss reasonable adjustments, please call us on 07585888240 or [email protected]
Guaranteed Interview Schemes
We welcome applications from people with disabilities and operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme. This means if you have a disability, and you apply and meet the essential criteria for one of our positions, we will consider your application under this scheme and guarantee you an interview.
Your application will be considered like all others, by measuring it against the essential criteria as set out in the employee specification but any short-listing or desirable criteria will not be applied to you.
Selection methods, such as computer-based skills tests, paper-based aptitude tests, situational judgement tests, driving assessments and assessment centres, are deemed to be part of the essential criteria. This means that all applicants must sit and pass these tests or assessments.
If you want to more information about the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please call us on 07585888240 or send an email to [email protected]